CODE OF GOOD PRACTICES
The acceptance of the post of member of the CEJE Board of Directors implies the express acceptance of the Association’s Code of Good Management Practices.
- The members of the CEJE Board of Directors:
declare that they understand and undertake to respect the statutes of the Association, facilitating the good governance practices of the Association; that they understand the principles, values, aims and objectives of the CEJE and commit to the achievement thereof; they will perform their duties in accordance with the fundamental principle of non-discrimination.
- declare their commitment to not carry out illegal or corrupt practices in the performance of their duties and especially in those related to representation and contact of the Association with contracting companies, providers, suppliers, authorities, etc., guaranteeing the transparency of the initiatives and acting in accordance with the law at all times, with honesty and loyalty towards the Association.
- will perform their duties free of charge, without prejudice to the right to be reimbursed for duly justified expenses which may be incurred in the performance of their role.
- recognise the decisions made by the Board of Directors and undertake to respect, obey and comply with them.
- undertake to act with due diligence in order to avoid any conduct that may harm or jeopardise the Association or its reputation. Furthermore, they recognise that the interests of the Board of Directors and the Association take precedence over individual interests as a member of the Board of Directors.
- will act according to the best interests of the Association and they may only participate in other activities (corporate or otherwise) separate to those carried out by the Association provided they are legal and do not conflict with the mission and interests of the Association, or with their dedication to and responsibilities within the Association.
- undertake to apply themselves continuously, diligently and with the necessary effort in the performance of their post and the proper monitoring of the activities of the Board of Directors and the Association.
- In the performance of the tasks for the fulfilment of the statutory objectives, and in particular, the promotion and defence of Japan-Spain bilateral relations, as well as the common interests of the Association’s members, and in articulating and strengthening them, the CEJE will interact with other associations with common or complementary interests, public and private bodies and institutions, authorities, media and other third parties.
- The CEJE is registered in the register of interest representatives of the Generalitat of Catalonia (Department of Justice / Law 19/2014, of 29 December) and in the register of interest representatives of the CNMC (Comisión Nacional de los Mercados y la Competencia / Law 3/2013 of 4 June and Law 19/2013 of 9 December).